On Wednesday, I got up from sitting cross-legged in the garden, planting pretty little sedums – and only my top half got up. My feet stayed crossed and I sat back down on them, hard! hmmm. No broken bones, but my left foot is not pretty and has developed cellulitis. I’m hobbling around, off the crutches now, onto a cane, but no modeling for me. Made it up to the loft to take some photos this morning, Emile is kindly filling in.
My February Vogue 8819 cardigan is ABB – all but buttons! I decided to add them to give this cardi a little jazz, it’s kind of plain in a solid fabric. In the next photo, the white threads mark the area that will have 3 buttons.
I’m using a very inexpensive percale for the muslin. It’s very soft and drapey, much like a rayon challis, which is my target fabric for the final version.
The biggest change I’m making is to the center front – I want to have buttons (again with the buttons!). This was so easy, because the area behind the casing is about 4″ wide. I just cut the blouse straight up the center, giving me 2″ on each center front. Then I added interfacing to the front and folded it back to form the plackets.