Maxing out a muslin…

Indulging my love of maxi dresses…

Once I finished the pics for my MOB muslin #2,  which I wore as a top, I removed the bottom tier of black ITY knit and made a maxi!

I had the skirt tier on standby – it was a leftover from my first wadder of 2015, an unposted muslin using Butterick 6051.

I made the version in the pic above, but I just didn’t like having the waistband at my natural waistline. My bust comes perilously close these days! and the effect is just not the best for me.

However, raising a waistline is easy. Check out all the designs included in the pattern! and it’s intended for both knits and cottons. I think it’s a great pattern and don’t regret buying/making it at all.

Leaving mosquito-ville, more pics from the sunnier end of the patio…

Once I got the tier sewn on, I noticed the unfortunate angle of the medallion and pattern slices across my upper hip – but out of my control. It repeats on the back as well. I prefer to think it makes me look a bit like a harem dancer…

I never learn. A side trip into the garden,

And a hasty retreat. Seems I woke up the those little beasty mosquitos once again. This will stop soon. Our rainy season has stretched out this year, which is a blessing. I like to place the bug blame on my neighbor’s two backyard ponds.

Ciao! Coco

4 thoughts on “Maxing out a muslin…

Comments are closed.