The pattern has been around for several years, and I’ve given it a pass a couple times. But I liked the idea of the cut-on sleeves on View B and the little twisted front drape on View A. Worth a go…
Just a few sewing notes:
- Sewed a size 14, which has a bust of about 37″.
- Raised the front neckline 2 1/2″. The original neckline was low…which is OK for an evening dress, but not exactly comfortable for out and about. I’ve seen this worn with a cami to fill in the neckline. But why wear more clothes!
- Lengthened the bodice, front and back by 2 7/8″. Otherwise the gathers would have been right at my bust apex. I’ve noticed that a lot of sewists have made this adjustment to the pattern.
- Added 4″ to the skirt length, based on the waistline mark. But ended up removing 4″ and still taking up a 1 1/2″ hem! And I’m 5’7″. Crazy.
- Left off the waistline seam elastic – the fit is close without it, I’m not sure why it’s suggested.
- Changed the sleeve by lopping off the pointy parts. I made them to the pattern first, but…no. I really did not like the points! Without them, the sleeve looks like a long butterfly sleeve.