I’m covered in little giraffes! When I got this border print ITY from Fabric Mart last year, I thought the giraffes were bigger. But I think they’re adorable as they are. It’s just taken me a while to find a pattern that would work – the print on the 6″ wide border runs vertically, and the main print runs horizontally. Head spin…
New Look 6323 is perfect. It’s very similar to the Butterick 5954 tunic that I’ve made 5 times. But this one has a gathered back option that I just love.
Honestly, I had kind of forgotten I had it. I made it once last year in interlock jersey, and the fit in size 14 was really bad. Much too large. Plus I really disliked the color of the fabric, and it was donated.
This go ’round I used the size 12 – and it’s a great fit. I have the pattern in a download file, so I reprinted it and drafted the new size.
How about those sleeves! I used the border down the center of the sleeves and on the neckline binding. I had to do something to break up the herd running all over the tunic. It just took a little redrafting of the sleeve (I kept the original instead of cutting it apart):
Now that I’ve rediscovered this pattern, I’ve already sewn it again, in solid black rayon jersey. Which I won’t show here – black is impossible to photograph.