What a great little pattern from Love Notions. I’ve been in the Love Notions Facebook group for some time, and I’ve watched this Tee progress through several iterations and updates. It has changed a lot – from a tee/tunic (on the left, below), to a tee, tunic, and dress, with lots of options. Tami Bunch Meyer, the designer, has really matured the pattern.
When Tami announced her 2017 update, (on the right, above), I decided to give it a go. I’m always on the hunt for a nice tee shirt dress – perfect for Florida weather all year long.
My fabric is a rayon/lycra knit from Fiesta Fabrics, purchased on Craftsy back in January. I haven’t used it because it has a heathered finish that’s guaranteed to pill with a couple washings. But it’s perfect for a muslin of this dress.
A few sewing notes:
- My choices: the dress, with a scoop neck and elbow-length sleeves.
- I drafted my tissue with a 1/2″ seam allowance (the pattern includes 3/8″ SA’s). I just think a wider SA is easier to sew.
- I sewed the size Medium, mostly because I have a broad back and wide shoulders. The Small would have fit everywhere else, there’s generous ease in the waist and hips.
- I’m 5’7″, and did not need extra length for my dress. In fact, I removed 3/4″. Nice!
- The pattern includes a neckband, but I just used self-fabric binding on the neckline. To compensate for the lost width of the neckband, I raised the front neckline by 1/2″ at center front. But I didn’t change the back neckline at all.
- I made an easy change at the top of the side seams. The armscye is a little longer than the sleeve cap, kind of a no-no, so I fixed it on my draft. BTW, I encountered the same thing on the Love Notions Boyfriend Cardigan. Forewarned…
I think this pattern is a winner, and it joins my much loved Love Notions Sabrina Slims and Boyfriend Cardigan. More good news: it’s free to members of the Facebook group, and it’s currently on sale for $5 for everyone else.
It’s Friday – I hope everyone has a nice weekend! Bye for now – Coco