Oh, I love this season! Holiday cheer and chilly weather…perfect for a couple favorites that have kept me busy and happy in the loft.
- I sewed my usual size large (bust measurement is only 33″) and again added 1″ to the length.
- This fabric is a super soft midweight rayon French terry knit from Cali Fabrics. They have such a nice selection of this fabric…worth a look.
- Truth time: it has so much horizontal stretch that I used my walking foot (not something I do often).
Next up, I paired the cardigan with pinwale corduroy Vogue 8584 loose pants.
I’ve been sewing this pattern for years, all the variations. Love it. I think it’s out of print, but I’ve seen it on Etsy and eBay.
- I sewed the size 12, with no changes.
- This beautiful stretch pinwale corduroy is from JoAnn (97% Cotton, 3% Spandex). My store had only two selections, but there are many more colors and prints available online. The little bit of stretch is great.
- Hard to see, but there, I used the cute curved pockets sewn across the hip (goony pic follows).
- Prepping the pockets took almost as much time as sewing the pants. But I really enjoy details. Not in the mood? just square the bottom corners.
- Finishes – the hem and waistband casing:
I have another pair in the rust corduroy I used for my Utu skirt, also from JoAnn. BTW, a couple washings really soften this pinwale.
Up next, I ordered 3 beautiful shirting fabrics, so there are more Named Clothing Saraste shirts in my future!
Bye for now – Coco