I am such a fan of the Felix dress. When it first came out, I made a couple right away.
Interestingly, I made the size 8, and it was big on me.
By the time I made my beloved pickle green version, I was holding it in the back to take a picture 🙂
Time to rethink and redraft. I reprinted the pattern and drafted the size 4. Big difference! And it also highlighted an issue I often encounter. I’m flat-chested, and my left shoulder is 3/4″ higher than my right shoulder (scoliosis at work). The resulting bodice, with no changes, was really discouraging. Bad on Emile, worse on me.
Having constructed the bodice, I went to work. Changes I made:
- I lifted the bottom line of the bodice by about 4″, then realigned the base of the v-neck to allow for the shoulder business.
- I trimmed the front skirt to have a shallow curve to match with my new bodice.
- And I took a bit of the flare out of the torso area.
Last change: I did not include the pockets included with the pattern. My dress is unlined, and the original pockets do not finish nicely without the lining. Instead, I used the pockets from Simplicity 8640, a favorite, and attached them once my dress was finished.
I love to sew!
BTW, I also love the JellyPop Dallas slip-on sneakers I found at Belk. I have arthritis in my instep, and conventional lace-up sneaks hurt the top of my foot. These are so comfortable, like going barefoot (3 colors now).