I just managed to burn my thumb with my iron. Which got me to thinking about all the injuries incurred (or lurking) in a sewing room!
My short list:
- Walking pins and needles into my feet (my sewing space is carpeted).
- Having the iron sputter hot water and steam onto my hand (my fault, I lifted it before it was to temperature).
- Sewing through my nail bed, twice! Very painful.
- Scratching myself while pulling on a fitting garment with the pins on the inside. Duh.
- Cutting into the web between my thumb and forefinger while trimming a seam.
- Starting to sew with my finger under the side of the presser foot. Ouch. That thing came down like a hammer.
And you?! Coco