Ah – major painting and clearing out was finished last Saturday. Even my garage is beautiful 🙂
Getting ready to sell the house entailed quite a bit of de-personalization. Family photos, small treasures, lots of paintings and artwork, all put away for packing. I even took the funky piggy bank off the piano, and I put all my jewelry in the safe.
I also managed to break a toe on a displaced bed frame (raise your hand if you’ve done this).
This photo led to my getting a pedicure, I’m back to red toenails! It’s easy to overlook the beauty stuff when the house is upside-down.
The sewing loft feels weird! Almost empty, white walls, so clean!
It’s a good thing I make my own clothes and have lots! I couldn’t get to my washer and dryer for over a week.
- Repainted 3 bedrooms and bathroom ceilings.
- Installed new lithium battery smoke alarms, bathroom fan grilles, and 9 LED integrated high-hat lights.
- Pressure cleaned and resurfaced the patio, walkway, and garage floor.
- Pressure cleaned the hardscape in the yard: the back patio and walkways, and the front garden landscaping stones.
- Installed a new microwave over the range.
- Had the patio sliding glass doors and tracks tuned up with new rollers and weather stripping – now they glide open with a finger touch.
- Resurfaced the driveway.
- Big expense: replaced the electrical circuit breaker box, had all the electrical stuff checked out, and installed a couple new GFCI outlets.
- Installed new planting along the front walkway (which meant removing 6 palms, it took chains and a winch to get them out).
- Shampooed all the carpets!
- Cleaned my mailbox. It’s almost new, and the birds love to sit on it, with predictable consequences.
It sounds like I was living in a run-down shed. But no. All of this is to add that extra zing and brightness that will appeal to a new owner.
Next? Listing the house. I’ve been working with realtors here and in Orlando. The three weeks from the netherworld are over and behind me, I can hardly believe I did it. For now, recuperation!
Bye for now – Coco