Why did I wait so long to make these beautifully designed and drafted pajamas from Closet Case Patterns?
There is so much to love with the pattern. I think what I like best is all the attention to the balance and finish of each piece.
- I sewed view B in size 8 (I’m 5′ 6.5″, bust 33.5″, waist 29″, hips 36″ at widest part across my upper thigh). The pattern site is kind enough to note that their model is 5’8″ and wearing a size 12. I wish more designers would give this information.
- Fabric: Black/White Cotton/Lycra Poplin Shirting – Famous Dress Designer from Fabric Mart. Mystery, does anyone know the identity of the famous dress designer?
- Since I used the cuff on the sleeve and pants, I constructed the top and bottom, except for the cuff, and then determined the length and fit for each. I do recommend this – it would be a lot to ask of a pattern to simply fit everyone everywhere.
- I like the appearance of piping, but not the fussiness of sewing it! I used 2″ wide bias strips instead, remnants from my recent Zadie jumpsuit. I love the color contrast against the black and white print. Fun stuff 🙂
- Only change – I drafted a back neckline facing, rather than use the pattern approach. The facing enables easy and clean attachment of the collar, and it’s a simple addition.
I want more, and I’m looking for another large print in a similar substrate.
Great project, fantastic pattern. Ciao! Coco