It’s just me and the fish!
Here’s a little summer project – dresses that take me on a journey, starting here in Florida waters! I’m using my favorite knit maxi pattern, McCalls 6559, as my canvas.
- My draft is size 10. I’ve sewn this version so many times that I can pretty much cut and sew, which can be really relaxing.
- The front neckline is raised a bit so that it fits more nicely on my chest.
- The change I love most is to the armhole, which I extended to provide a little coverage and softness over the shoulder and upper arm.
- That little extension at the bottom of the armhole facilitates a beautiful finish.
- And I like to finish the neckline on simple knit dresses and tees with a self-fabric band. I attach it on the inside, then fold it over and finish on the outside to diminish irritation to my neck and shoulders. Picky!
- This cute fabric is STOF France Barracuda Blue, midweight cotton/lycra jersey from Fabric.com.
The ultimate in armchair travel. But in the past…
Where next? Ciao! Coco