Meanwhile, I will keep on sewing!
- I sewed a straight size 12 with very few changes.
- My fabric is Bokeh cotton/linen denim from Moda, purchased at Hawthorne Fabrics. It’s 70% cotton, 30% linen, and it’s not really a canvas. I laundered it 3 times to remove sizing and allow for shrinkage before I cut the pattern. I love it!
- Having the benefit of a couple of pattern reviews, I reduced the flare in the center back seam. With a rather flat fantail, I don’t need it.
- Having a small bust, I removed the bust dart in the front princess seam. I thought about taking out some of the curve in the seam, but after basting, I was happy with no change.
- I went crazy with Hong Kong finishing on the seams, using lightweight cotton/poly broadcloth.
- The jacket has 3/4 length sleeves, to which I added a ruffle for a full length! After narrowing the bottom of the sleeve, I cut a 17″ x 5″ strip, folded it in half, gathered it, and attached it to the sleeve hemline. I really like this!
My thoughts are with everyone, and I hope you have some nicely distracting sewing projects in play. For now, Coco