May I stop here for a moment and contribute that I really really dislike the ‘new’ block editor on WordPress. OK.
Squint so you can see where this shrug falls on me, please.
- I sewed the size 8-tall based on my bust measurement, and I’m pretty happy with it. No changes to the drafting!
- This fabric is totally new to me, it’s a bullet-textured Liverpool knit. It’s very stable, has a bit of heft, reminds me of double-knit without the horizontal texture. Interesting.
- I chose this fabric in lieu of ponte de Roma, out of curiosity. I think the very wide bands in the front would sag in a lighter knit. This is 94% poly, 6% lycra, it’s shiny on the backside but the front texture mutes this on the front.
- I found that sewing this fabric was easy. It serges beautifully, and stitches without stretching out when a long stitch is used. On my machine, the latter was 4.0.
- It also presses nicely on a low setting, ‘silk’ on my iron. Because of the rayon content, I did not use steam while pressing.
Above, styled with the Ready to Sew Justine Skirt (it’s a free pattern). Very cute pockets are the differentiating factor on this pattern. Sorry, invisible in the photo!
And on Emile, my loft buddy:
The weekend – I hope it finds you well and loved, bye for now, Coco