Spring! and time for another Tessuti Lisa dress, absolutely one of my favorite patterns. This version is inspired by a charming dress I found on Pinterest:
- Size small.
- Not wanting to match prints at the center front, I simply cut it on the fold – no button band.
- Lowered the neckline and raised the armscye (it’s pretty low).
- Cut a facing for the neckline instead of binding it.
- Added patch pockets on the front skirt (in-seam pockets waving around in the skirt make me crazy).
- Used the original hemline with a 12″ ruffle.
- 3yd @ @55w, in cute over-sized dots! It’s Telio Verona Cotton Rayon Voile Dot Black/Ecru from Fabric.com.
It was so hot and bright in the back yard! but I already had my makeup on and tripod ready by the time I realized I would have to squint a lot. So a couple pics under the mandarin orange tree. Ahhh…so much better.
And that’s a wrap!