OK, setting a record, 2 posts in 2 days. But you guys are the best, all the comments, best wishes, and virtual hugs on my last post…right back at you. It really made realize that I’m not the only one trying to redefine my life to things as they are. You’re great.
The pants I mentioned on my post are these, a pattern I love, taken to a full length.
The fit is so nice, even in the back, with the elastic waist. Sewing notes:
- These are a straight size Medium, with 6″ added for the longer length.
- The fabric is Robert Kaufman Essex yarn-dyed linen in taupe. Yes, it’s very gold, not taupe at all.
- I turned the waistband 2″, instead of 1 5/8″, to raise the crotch a tad. I’m 5′ 7.5″, and found I needed this adjustment. A happy change, since my 1 1/4″ non-roll elastic fits perfectly in the casing. BTW, the pattern calls for a drawstring, not elastic, but front-tied drawstrings are not my style 🙂
- On the inside, I serged all my seams, it makes for such a nice finish on linen.
- I double-stitch and serge all my crotch seams, woven or knit. If you open the crotch curve as you serge, you’ll get all the flexibility you need in the seam.
Cute pattern! I love the pockets, just a little different and so very easy to sew.
So, a sneak peek at the jacket that goes-with, my next blog post. Ciao! Coco