Since my daughter gifted me with an IPhone 8 Plus for Christmas, I’ve had some anxious moments. It cost almost as much as my MacBook Air! And seems fragile to me.
I immediately ordered glass protective shields for the face, and a really nice snap-in case. But I dislike carrying it around! it fits in my wallet, and I’ve been thinking about a padded envelope for its travels in my handbag. Yes, I looked all over for one online, and they all came up short on some feature. Picky…
So I made my own 🙂
- Materials: fabric for the shell (Kaufman Balboa Essex linen), lining (poly/cotton broadcloth, and fusible fleece, 1 x size 3 sew-on snap.
- About closures: velcro would work but also catch all kinds of lint. And magnets are a big no-no for anything that has a circuit board.
- All my seams are 1/2″ and are trimmed quite a bit after sewing.
- My phone, in its backing case, is 3.6″ x 6.5″.
- Pattern and construction:
I cut 2 layers of the shell fabric, lining, and fusible, and a 4″ x 2″ strip for the closure tab.
It’s just a bagged shell with the tab added at the top. And the snap sewn to shell and tab.
It’s perfect! Happy Sunday to all, Coco