I’m so cold!! and have only a couple long sleeve tops. January and February are our chilly season, we went down to 43 degrees last night. Great excuse for a new top.
I started with M7634, followed with a few modifications, including the V-neck from Burda 06-2011-107B.
I love how this looks! the fabric is navy Telio Stewart French terry knit from Fabric.com, 38% cotton/32% polyester/30% rayon. It has about 25% mechanical stretch both ways, but no recovery at all.
- Sewed the size 12 in the McCall pattern.
- Used the short view with an additional 4.5″ in the length, and a 3″ (finished) bottom band. The unfinished band is about 7″ wide and a couple inches shorter than the bottom hem. Doubled and stretched it to fit.
- Recut the neckline using the Burda pattern. It has facings, which I used to stabilize the neckline, in cotton/poly broadcloth. Yes, there is fusible tape in side the shoulder seams to prevent stretch.
- Stiches and finishes: I sewed the top using a longish (3.0) straight stitch and serged the seam allowances together to finish.
- Finished the sleeve with a 1.5″ hem allowance plus a couple rows of topstitching.
It’s such a cozy and warm top, and I love the silhouette.
Parting shot: I was the woman out on the street in her robe last night, taking pictures of the lunar eclipse. Spectacular event! Moving clockwise from the top left photo:
Big project! My kids gifted me this year with an IPhone 8 Plus and a Ring Doorbell. So much to learn!
I’ve been working on my doorbell installation for about a week. The physical ‘how to’ install.
I want my new doorbell to be in the same location as my old one. It’s centered under my porch light and is perfect for motion detection and so on.
- I explored mounting the phone bracket directly to the wall. However – it is more slim than the mounting gang for my doorbell, AND, my wall is metal. Ring doesn’t come with hardware for a mount to metal, and I’m not comfortable with drilling holes through the wall.
Off to Home Depot today, after a bunch of research on installation options for the Ring.
I decided to put a blank faceplate over my doorbell ‘hole’ and mount the bracket to the faceplate with tape. I watched a couple videos and read forums on the type of tape to use. What I chose:
And I found a faceplate to match the Ring. I found a ‘larger’ nylon faceplate in Home Depot that is the same length as the Ring. Below, my old doorbell plate and the new face plate I found ( ignore the dots, I didn’t use them for anything other than mounting references).
- So – a pic of the bracket taped to the new faceplate. This tape is strong! and even a touch secures it. I’m glad I had my readers on!
And the Ring mounted. Whew…I tested the motion detection and doorbell function, everything works!
It’s impossible to leave Home Depot with just tape and a faceplate. Other stuff without which I cannot be happy 🙂
Cherry tomato plant,
A new Silver Bullet 50″ garden hose (it’s flexible and wonderful to use, so lightweight),
And neat led bulbs on carabiners, great for hurricane season:
I hung one in my pantry as an example, but I really plan to save these for power outages during our Florida storms.
Bonus material – the gentleman at the checkout told me he loves my shoes. Be still my beating heart…
The woman is worn out from a full day of fun and so on. I’m retreating to the Loft!!
Ciao – Coco